I think that, if writing “year in review” posts is going to be a thing, I need to start taking better notes!
Anyone who has ever worked with – or started – a small business learns really quickly that you wear a lot of hats, that the days often go by in blurs, and “change” is the constant norm.
In 2021, we picked up some of our biggest clients to date. We tried new things, explored new ideas, and completed projects, and we managed to do it all while still loving our jobs and what we do.
We responded to a government RFP in the latter part of the year. We weren’t selected, but we learned a lot about ourselves when we were formulating our response. We can say this now… when the RFP asked for our “mission and values,” we had to stop and create some.
We’d like to share those with you.
“Webinology works to provide attractive and high-performing websites on secure, dependable hosting platforms that give our customers a powerful tool to accomplish their business goals.”-Us
Pretty straightforward, no? But read all of the adjectives: “attractive,” “high-performing,” “secure,” and “dependable.”
And we recognize that a website is a “tool to accomplish [your] business goals.” Not a place for us to strut our most avant garde design chops but a place for your customers to get stuff done with your business.
- We value the reasons that motivated each and every client to start his or her business or organization and we take those motivations to heart in helping them tell their story.
- We value developing and fostering an ongoing relationship with each client so that we can become a valued extension of their team.
- We value individual expertise and the process of constantly learning and evolving so that we can consistently make good decisions on behalf of ourselves and our clients.
- We value each other as fellow humans, understanding that we all have lives, concerns, and duties outside of our shared working environment and those things sometimes need the bulk of our attention.
- We value each other as teammates, understanding that we are not here to compete but to cooperate and that all of our voices should be heard and our thoughts and opinions respected.
- We value the creation and delivery of products and services that are exemplary because it matters to do great things for great things’ sake.
What do those values say to you? That, as a team, we respect each other, that we care about one another, and we want to foster an environment where everyone can grow and feel heard and appreciated.
And, that as a company, we respect every one of our clients… we want to get to know you, understand why you do what you do, and how we can make your working life a little (or a lot) better because you met us.
Of all of the accomplishments of our past year, these statements stand out to me the most.
Our society often glorifies the billionaires who sit atop the companies that have become household words, but we know that the real good stuff happens when people connect with people. Small companies do that better than big companies… always.
Time flies when you’re having fun.
We do, and we are (having fun).
Pretty much all of us have to work, and that’s okay… work gives us a sense of purpose and moves humankind forward. We think work should be satisfying, gratifying, and empowering, and we think – just our opinions, mind you – that you’re going to get a lot better results dealing with happy people like us.
(Plus happiness is contagious.)
Big Plans for 2022?
Nope, we have no “big” plans for 2022. Instead, we plan to make small iterations to our existing processes to make us better and more efficient at what we do.
However, if you have big plans for 2022, let us know (the sooner the better!) Even if you don’t think your next move involves your website, tell us anyway… we’re full of ideas!
And… thank you.
Thanks to all our clients, our friends, our supportive families, and the other small businesses that have worked with us along the way.